UNCG AAUP cordially invites you to become a new or renewing member. Full voting membership requires concurrent membership in the national AAUP, which can be joined online at www.aaup.org. You may elect to become a non-voting affiliate member of the campus chapter without joining the national AAUP.
For full voting membership in the UNCG chapter of AAUP, annual dues are $20 for tenured and tenure-track faculty, $15 for non-tenure-track and contingent faculty, and $10 for retired faculty and graduate students, plus payment of national dues via www.aaup.org. For non-voting affiliate membership, dues are $15 for tenured and tenure-track faculty, and $10 for non-tenure-track or contingent faculty.
To join, please follow two simple steps: (1) fill out this Google form that helps us keep track of our membership contacts, and (2) remit your dues payment in one of these two ways:
Or, if you prefer, you may send a check made out to “UNCG AAUP” to Andrew Willis, chapter treasurer, at 352 Music Building.
If you’re undecided, please consider the many benefits of full membership in the national AAUP, such as:
• access to FAQs on timely topics such as ‘faculty speech in the wake of the 2016 election’ and ‘border searches of electronic devices’
• a subscription to the bimonthly Academe magazine
• access to new and archived webinars on many topics of interest to faculty
• informational resources on topics such as The Family and Medical Leave Act, Navigating Faculty Appointments, Pregnancy in the Academy, Faculty Handbooks as Enforceable Contracts, and Unemployment Compensation for Faculty in Contingent Appointments
• access to group insurance programs
For more information, visit https://www.aaup.org/membership/benefits
We look forward to welcoming new and returning members!